Traditional marketing is a type of marketing that is not online. It helps to reach the target audience via print(magazines, newspapers), broadcast, direct mail, phone, radio, billboards, and many more. It is one of the oldest forms of marketing and the most researched one so people have trust in it. Everyone faces traditional marketing in their day-to-day life, whether it is mail or a daily newspaper.
Digital marketing is a type of marketing that promotes the products and services of a company or brand through digital platforms like social media, email, mobile apps, websites, search engines, desktop computers, and many more. In simple words, it is an online mode of promotion of any product. Digital marketing has become very popular because of the cultural and technological shifts around us. As nowadays, almost everyone spends time on social media or any digital platform so digital marketing is a more direct way to connect with the target audience globally.
Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing
Key differences between Traditional Marketing and digital marketing are:-
- Mode- Traditional marketing is an offline mode of marketing via newspaper, radio, etc whereas digital marketing is an online mode of marketing that promotes through digital platforms like social media, websites, etc.
- Tracking- As traditional marketing is an offline mode of promotion so tracking is not possible but Digital marketing uses an online mode so tracking can be done. We can get the information from where the buyer is coming from, which is the most viewed product. It also tells how many customers are buying the product.
- Reach- Traditional marketing is limited to a specific geographical area only as it does not spread globally via the internet so the reach of traditional marketing is less. But on the other hand, digital marketing uses the internet and helps to promote the product globally thus its reach is wide.
- Results- Traditional marketing is time taking in case of results but digital marketing gives quick and real-time results to the marketer.
- Communication- Traditional marketing is a one-way communication where a company gives information about the product and it does not interact directly with the target audience to get their feedback. On the other hand, digital marketing is a two-way communication where a company spreads information about the product and allows the target audience to give feedback on them.